THE CHROMATIC SCALE – A MUST LEARN!
Most guitar players learn a bunch of scales, but the the chromatic scale guitar players of all ages seem to ignore which is a big mistake. It’s the foundation of all chords, scales & arpeggios. It’s a wonderful tool for helping your picking technique, adjacent string playing and for use in improvisation.
Knowing the chromatic scale is a fundamental tool and skill that you need to learn. As stated, it’s the foundation stone of everything you will ever play. It’s a wonderful scale for use in improvisation and chromaticism, which is the result from it’s use creates a modern and exciting sound. The chromatic scales is not only useful within the realm of improvisation and composition. It can be used within a range of warm up exercises before you start your practice session proper. Just as you would not expect a trained athlete or competitive sportsman or woman to just start running a race or taking part in a match, so you should not expect to just start playing your guitar without a warm up.
ABOUT THIS CHROMATIC SCALE LESSON
This lesson offers you a couple of ways of playing the chromatic scale. The first way that Ged Brockie shows you is vertically up the neck. The form of playing the chromatic scale makes use of finger stretches to facilitate playing all the notes of the scale. The other form that is demonstrated is horizontally up the neck. Both of these forms should be learned and played until perfect. It will help you understand the movement and distances from fret to fret at an innate level.
Your picking should be for the most part alternate up and down plectrum strokes. You should also ensure that you practice these scales slowly. The will also be an excellent way of learning other scales such as pentatonic scales and fretted major scales.
INTRODUCING “SCALES YOU CAN USE!” – THE GUITAR SCALE BOOK COMPANION FOR GMI VIDEOS
- 152 page full color print “Comb Binding” version for flat lie.
- Learn the essential scale patterns including the caged guitar system that are both powerful and musically meaningful.
- Included is everything from pentatonic, to modal to exotic scale forms…see below.
- Much more than a book of scales, Scales You Can Use! includes the theory of the scales you learn, musical exercises to help you play them in a musical way, fret maps, comparison scalar tables and much, much, more.
- Created by GMI head tutor Ged Brockie.
No matter if you are a rock, blues, jazz, folk, funk, classical guitar player, these patterns are good for all musical genres.
Electric or acoustic guitarist, this book helps you make fast progress towards your guitar music goals.
Purchase The GMI Print Version
- Highest quality paper and print.
- Wire comb bind for flat lie on music stand.
- European A4 size; larger and easier to read.
Click the GREEN BUTTON – ADD TO CART above the image on the left.
NOTE: WHEN YOU ADD TO CART IT WILL TAKE A FEW SECONDS FOR THE BOOK TO APPEAR IN THE CART.
Or, buy direct from Amazon from around the world. NOTE: you will be taken to the Amazon USA but this book is available in all Amazon & good online stores.