What Will You Learn?
- This course is free and featured five lessons that will teach you what barre chords are and how to play them.
- You will learn about the chromatic scale and how it is used in barre chords.
- In lesson one Gary explains how the chromatic scale is used so you can play any chord in any key. Truly unlocking the power of movable chords.
- In lesson two you will be introduced to some of the shapes that you will use throughout the course.
- Lesson three is given over to technical exercises to strengthen your left hand as well as discussing things to watch out for.
- You will then put all this knowledge together in lesson four where you will learn to play a twelve bar blues.
- Finally, in lesson five you will be shown how these chords can really work in your favor.
- You will ultimately learn about root movement and how it works hand in hand with chord progressions. For guitarists, this final lesson is critical to making fast progress.
Preparation For Playing Barre Chords
F minor pattern assignment (Copy 1)
The Five F minor Pentatonic Patterns Quiz. (Copy 1)
The Chord Shapes You Need To Know
Chord Shapes & Chord Concepts08:36
Root notes assignment (Copy 1)
Do you know your root notes? (Copy 1)
Technical Exercises To Help You Progress
Getting Technical With Barre Chords07:30
Creating your own licks (Copy 1)
Learning Licks (Copy 1)
Playing 12 Bar With Barre Chords
Play A 12 Bar In Two Positions06:14
Assignment – Getting into the detail (Copy 1)
Building Familiar Chord Progressions
Pulling All The Threads Together06:50
Assignment Changing Keys (Copy 1)
Changing Keys Quiz (Copy 1)
GMI Course Certificate
This is the certificate you will receive on completion of this course.
Student Ratings & Reviews
No Review Yet